Welcome to our blog!

Vivek and I wanted to share some news about Keshav and Vidya on a frequent basis with our close family and friends, and hopefully this will be a good way to do so! Please visit often, and I will do my best to keep things updated!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Storybook trail

The temperature outside today is a balmy 49 degrees!  We just had to take advantage and do an outdoor activity!  I found out that the Chelmsford library had set up a storybook trail at Sunny Meadow Farms, only a few miles away from where we live.  This is basically a short hike/walk with pages of a children's storybook set up along the way, so you read the story as you walk the trail!  I thought this would be perfect for our little reader Keshav, and it would give all of us a chance to be outside for a bit.  We all had a great time!  The story is called "The Emperor Lays an Egg," and it is all about the life of an emperor penguin, particularly when the mother lays an egg and how the parents have to care for it in arctic conditions.  Keshav loved learning about the penguins and then walking on the snow to get to the next page!  What a wonderful idea and educational experience!

Vidya got to be forward-facing in her carrier for the first time today! She loved it!



4 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea!! Looks like everyone really enjoyed it! Vidya looks just like your mom, Krishna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't consider it "balmy" if there's still snow on the ground.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Gopi...the snow here stays on the ground until like April! We're supposed to get another 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow!! We miss California :-/

      Delete