Welcome to our blog!

Vivek and I wanted to share some news about Keshav and Vidya on a frequent basis with our close family and friends, and hopefully this will be a good way to do so! Please visit often, and I will do my best to keep things updated!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

So many birthday celebrations!

May is always a month of big celebrations for us as Keshav and I both have birthdays only one day apart!  This year, because we were traveling during our birthdays, we got to celebrate many times (and we still have a celebration coming up at the end of June)!  The first celebration was in Keshav's classroom.  For each child's birthday, they do a special ceremony where they have a representation of the sun in the middle of the circle, and the birthday child (who represents the earth) walks around the sun for as many years as the child has lived because it takes a year for the earth to go around the sun. Keshav got to walk around 4 times, and after each time, he shares a picture with the class of himself at age 1, 2, 3 and 4.  It is a beautiful ceremony, and Daji, Dadi, Vidya and I were so lucky to have been able to watch it!  As we are not allowed to bring in cake to the classroom, I made a special fruit bowl for the kids to enjoy to celebrate Keshav's birthday!


Everybody sings: "The earth goes around the sun! The earth goes around
the sun!  It takes a year, your birthday's here! The earth goes around the sun!

The next celebration was my birthday in Dallas!  My birthday was on the same day as Isha Masi's wedding, but we were able to go out to breakfast in the morning before the wedding and eat yummy Oreo Ice Cream cake for my birthday!  I'm to thankful to everyone for making me feel special on this day :)






The next day was Keshav's birthday! Daddy, Kaka and Kaki made a balloon wall for Keshav at home, and then we spent the day at the Arboretum with our wonderful cousins!  We celebrated with a Spiderman chocolate cake!















Our last celebration was in Atlanta where Bhavna Foi, Avni Didi and Payal Didi planned a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party for our big boy!  Keshav loves Chuck E. Cheese, so he certainly had a great time celebrating with everyone!




Keshav loved being the center of
attention :)
My childhood friend, Carla, came with
her son! I hadn't seen her since we were
11 years old!





Keshav is very lucky to have celebrated with so many people this year!  Thank you all for making him feel extra special :)

1 comment:

  1. So many special birthday celebrations for you both! We were so excited to get to celebrate with you guys this year! I love Keshav's classroom celebration and Vidya's "YAYYYY!!!" at the end of your birthday song! :) Can't wait to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete