Welcome to our blog!

Vivek and I wanted to share some news about Keshav and Vidya on a frequent basis with our close family and friends, and hopefully this will be a good way to do so! Please visit often, and I will do my best to keep things updated!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Weekend trip to Chicago for Roshan Kaka's Wedding!

When I first moved to California after getting married back in 2007, I was so lucky to be moving to an area with so much family support from Vivek's side of the family!  I met and got to know several of his cousins, and they supported me through residency and then through the birth of Keshav and all my first-time-mom experiences!  One of those cousins was Roshan, and it was so wonderful getting to know him during the years that we lived in California!  When we received the invitation for his wedding in Chicago this summer, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that we would try to make it there, and we did!  Unfortunately, Vivek had to be in Colorado for a business trip for most of the weekend, but he made it there for the reception!

Since this was the kids' second wedding they were attending this year, they knew what to expect!  Keshav was particularly excited about the garba and loved dancing with all his cousins!  Vidya was excited to be reunited with her buddy Samay!

Missing Daddy!
Kyna bhen!
High fives with Samay





























This time, we got to be a part of the Jaan, and it was definitely the kids' favorite part of the whole day!  It started at 8:00am, which is the best time for Keshav and Vidya because they are energetic and ready for some fun!  They loved dancing down the street with everyone, and the dholis that were playing the drums even gave them tambourines to play and let them play their drums!


"I want a turn on the drums!"
Dancing with Pankaj Kaka!


 
Playing cards with Anu foi, Leela
bhen and Shreya bhen during
the wedding!


We were so happy to have Daddy there for the reception!  It was a great weekend in Chicago, and we are very happy for Roshan Kaka and Priya Kaki and wish them the best in their married life!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Looks like everyone had a great time! I love the picture of Vidya in the blue and green outfit with the flower in her hair! So beautiful, you have to frame it! :)

    ReplyDelete