Welcome to our blog!

Vivek and I wanted to share some news about Keshav and Vidya on a frequent basis with our close family and friends, and hopefully this will be a good way to do so! Please visit often, and I will do my best to keep things updated!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Vidya's 15-month-old birthday!


Vidya is growing into such a sweet and mischievous young lady!  Ever since she turned one, she has figured out how she can make the cutest little pouty face and get pretty much anything she wants!  It is such a wonderful thing to watch her learning new words each day.  She can say many animals' names and their sounds including cow, sheep (which she calls peesh), duck, doggie, cat, pig, elephant, ostrich, cheetah, whale, fish, horse, hippo, turtle and lion!  She thinks that the donkey sound (HEE HAW) is so funny, and she loves thumping her chest like a gorilla.  She loves being around other kids her age and will always go up to them and say, "HII! HII!" in her cute little voice.  She also says "I love you" and "Bye!"  She has realized that when she wants something and I give it to her, I always say "Okay," so now when she wants something, she will point to it and say, "Okay? Okay?" until I give it to her!  She also has learned the word, "NO!" from her brother...we tried to avoid it as much as possible, but I guess second children learn that word way earlier than first children!

She loves to eat many different types of food and is so cute when she says what they are!  She will say banana ("nana"), hummus, cheese ("chiz"), apples, bread, pizza, pasta, and even chole!  She calls her milk "duu duu" and her water "atree!"

We have been working on identifying her body parts, and she now knows eyes, ears, nose, teeth, cheeks, chin, head, hair, hand, belly button, knee, and toes!  And she actually has two teeth now...one on the top and one on the bottom!

She loves to walk everywhere and is starting to climb on things.  She loves to take any toy that Keshav is playing with, which doesn't always go over so well with him!  But, they mostly play well together, and he is so good about teaching her new things!  He loves to snuggle and cuddle with her, and one of her favorite things to do is to go into her bhai's room when he is waking up in the morning or after a nap and say, "HI BHAI!"  They are already best friends!

Just like her brother, she loves songs and books ("booss"), and she finishes the lines of many songs and stories! I always have to take secret videos of her doing these things because as soon as she knows there is a camera on her, she won't do it anymore!  We love watching her grow into a little girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment